February is National Snack Month and let me just tell you how excited we are over here at Green Teas & Chickpeas. We are snacking professionals! It’s a rare night when we are too full to munch on a delightful snack while enjoying our favorite show. Snacks don’t have to be bad for you either, check these out!
This post includes affiliate links, meaning at no extra cost to you, I might make a small commission if you decide to buy something and this money will be used to maintain this website so I can keep offering you free goodies. Although I may make a small commission, all opinions are my own.
Snacks get a bad wrap. When we say snacks, people think about junk food.
Well, there’s nothing junky on this list and dietary restrictions aren’t an issue either.
Sometimes throughout your day you just need a little boost on energy.
Or maybe you’re like us and are in a habit of wanting something to snack on while watching tv.
If you pick snacks that are healthy and nutritious, you won’t even need to eat much to feel satisfied.
Having varying dietary needs can often make snacking a challenge, but we’ve put together this list of 5 snack ideas for some of the more common dietary plans out there.
National Snack Month – Snack Ideas:
- Vegan English Muffin with Nut Butter and Banana Slices
- Hippeas – love these delicious little chickpea snacks
- Apple Slices & Almond Butter
- Hummus and Snap Peas, Carrots, Cauliflower
- Nut Yogurt with Granola & Fruit
- Sliced Cheese with Crackers & Apple Slices
- Avocado Toast with Pesto & Parmesan Cheese
- Cucumber & Flavored Cream Cheese Mini Sandwiches
- Dried Fruit, Nuts, and Cubes of Cheese
- Veggie Straws with Ranch Dip
- Tuna on Slices of Tomatoes
- Cottage Cheese with Fruit
- Sliced Pepperoni & Cheese
- Pork Rinds
- Beef Jerky
- Homemade Chex Mix – add only gluten-free mix-ins
- Dried Fruit and Cheese Cubes
- Boiled Egg Slices with Apples and Peanut Butter
- Popcorn with Mini Chocolate Chips, Dried Fruits, and Nuts
- Veggie Sticks and Ranch
- Sunbutter and Apple Slices
- Fruit and Cheese Kababs
- Popcorn with Chocolate Chips
- Roasted Chickpeas
Oh my, now it’s time to snack!
So what do you think? See anything you liked?
Did you notice how these snacks are healthy and delicious?
Snacking can stay healthy with a little planning.
Just be sure to keep the items you need on hand. Cut your vegetables and cheeses up ahead of time. You could even keep them in little portion size baggies in the fridge. Buy apples pre-sliced if you know you won’t take the time to cut one up.
Then the next time you’re craving a snack, you can make a good choice that you can be happy about and you’ll feel good too.
Do you have any of the above mentioned dietary needs? What are your go-to snacks? Comment below to share them with us.
We’re always looking for more great snack ideas.
Looking for more like this? Keep an eye out for an upcoming post about ways you can eat healthy at the drive-thru.
Eating is only one way you can take care of yourself. Another, very important way is to practice self-care. Wanna know about ways you can practice self-care to help restore your mind and body? Check out this article Self-Care for a Better You.
Want to challenge yourself to improve your state of mind within 30 days? Then this article – Find Your Happy Place in 30 Days is the challenge for you.