By now you may have heard how important self-care is and maybe even know why, but are you doing it? What’s stopping you? Don’t you want to feel good? Don’t you want to be there for your family in the best way possible?
Of course, you do!
The trouble is finding the time to squeeze in some you time, right? I mean a mom’s schedule is already packed as it is without adding in yet another to do. But you know that taking care of yourself is vital to you being at your best and that’s why you’re here, reading this article. So let’s get down to it and dive deep into some easy self-care for busy moms because honestly, you don’t have any time to waste.
Easy Self-Care for busy Moms
Oh and just in case you want to learn more about self-care and why it’s so important, check this out: Beginner’s Guide to Self-Care.
Making Time for Self-Care
So me saying you need to make time for self-care doesn’t mean you will just magically find that extra 15-30 minutes every day to do it. I mean you’re going to need to make a plan and enlist some help to make it happen. So grab a pen and paper and let’s get planning!
Ways to carve out some time each day for me:
Ask your hubby or significant other to give you a break
- This can be giving your kids their bath or maybe putting them to bed.
- If possible, have them take the kids out somewhere, like to play in the yard or go to the park so you don’t get sucked back into doing mom things.
Ask your kids to help out around the house
- Give your kids some age-appropriate chores to do.
- Have them be responsible for cleaning their own rooms.
- Schedule in 15-30 minutes of quiet time into your day and have everyone spend that time alone in their rooms. They can use the time to read, nap, draw or color, or play quietly. Set a timer so they don’t come out too early and let them know to wait until they hear the timer to come out.
Get the whole family involved in self-care
- Everyone needs some self-care – even kiddos, so doing self-care activities as a family totally works.
- Schedule the activities into your day so you are sure to get them done.
- Try to keep the activities to ones you know everyone can do and will enjoy.
- If appropriate, play music while doing the activities to set whatever mood you think will keep everyone engaged and happy.
Since you may find that you can only squeeze 5 minutes out of certain days and up to 30 minutes on others, I decided to give you options. Being a busy mom usually means your days are unpredictable and even a bit chaotic. Because every day isn’t the same, just plug in the appropriate choice based on the time you have to spend on it.
Self-Care in 30 minutes or less
- Take a nap
- Do yoga
- Soak in the tub
- Learn something new that you can teach your kids
- Take a walk
- Call or text a friend or relative for a chat
- Get yourself a gourmet coffee
- Watch a video from your favorite Youtube channel(like this video from the #clutterbug)
- Read a magazine or blog you love
Self-Care in 15 minutes or less
- Write in your gratitude journal
- Write your to-do list for tomorrow
- Have a dance party
- Meditate or pray
- Play with a pet
- Make a healthy smoothie
- Have a cup of herbal tea
- Declutter your bag
- Use a moisturizing face mask
- Get moving, light exercise
Self-Care in 5 minutes or less
- Drink a tall glass of water
- Diffuse essential oils or light a candle
- Take vitamins
- Hug someone
- Daily affirmations
- Ask for help
- Make a goal for the week
- Give yourself a compliment
- Moisturize your face and body
- Eat chocolate
Being a busy mom doesn’t mean you can’t find time for yourself. In fact, with a little planning and some help from your family, you will have no trouble carving out as much as 30 minutes a day for some much-needed me-time.
Since each day our schedules vary, the amount of time you have for self-care will vary too. Because of this, I listed self-care activities in three-time categories:
- 30 minutes or less
- 15 minutes or less
- 5 minutes or less
So now more excuses! Get your family involved and get your self-care routine going today. Don’t waste another minute, put some of these easy self-care for busy moms activities on your to-do list right now.
Do you have any quick self-care ideas that maybe didn’t make it onto our lists? Leave us a comment below and share your idea, we’d love to hear it.
Looking for more self-care ideas? Check out these posts:
Wanna make self-care part of your daily routine? We’ve made it easy with these completely done for you monthly self-care calendars. Just fill in the form below to subscribe to our newsletter and start receiving your calendar each month!
Get Your Monthly Calendar Subscription!
Fill in the form below to subscribe to our newsletter which includes our monthly self-care calendars. Complete self-care ideas planned for you each month and delivered straight to your inbox.
Our subscribers also receive exclusive offers, our latest product info, and weekly newsletter!
Plus, you'll get a copy of our 15 Daily Affirmation Cards just for signing up.