Looking for some ideas to keep you and your family busy on those days when leaving the house just isn’t an option? Arm yourself with these 65 ways to keep busy at home so you’ll be ready for anything. You can thank us later.
Being at home can rock!
It doesn’t have to make you feel like a caged animal.
It really all comes down to mindset.
If you fill your mind with thoughts of all the things you can’t do, you will not only be miserable, you will also be wasting precious time.
Time you could be capitalizing on.
Plus, sitting around feeling sad and frustrated isn’t going to change anything.
I challenge you to have a change of heart and mind.
Tell yourself how fortunate you are to have this time at home to be productive.
How you now have some time to spend with your family or pets.
How often do you complain about not having enough time or energy to do all the things?
Make a freakin plan!
Come on, let’s do this!
65 Ways To Keep Busy At Home
- Organize the pantry
- Clean out the closets – set aside a pile for donating later
- Declutter room by room – also set aside a pile for donations
- Binge a new TV show
- Learn a new dance
- Have a photoshoot
- Organize and clean the fridge
- Sleep in or stay up late
- Deep clean the house
- Read a book
- Practice doing different hairstyles
- Make Jewelry
- Play Board Games
- Get dressed up and have a fancy dinner at home
- Write in your journal or start a journal
- Play video games
- Make bread from scratch
- Learn to paint – YouTube Tutorials
- Call your mom
- Camp out in the living room
- Have a dance party
- Do some exercise
- Soak in the tub
- Make a bucket list
- Listen to new music
- Have an indoor date night
- Redecorate a room
- Make an over the top dessert
- Watch an old movie
- Go outside in your back yard – get some fresh air
- Learn to crochet
- Wash your linens and blankets
- Clean up the hard drive on your computer
- Make a craft
- Do a puzzle
- Have cocktails at home
- Organize your makeup
- Have a scavenger hunt
- Color in an adult coloring book
- Dye your hair
- Do your taxes -ugh
- Teach your dog a new trick
- Brush up on your keyboarding skills
- Use a hair mask
- Learn a magic trick
- Have an Iron Chef Competition
- Listen to a podcast
- Play hide and seek with your dog
- Have a bake-off
- Make greeting cards
- Make homemade soup
- Shop Online
- Make hot cocoa
- Take an online class
- Clean your hairbrush and makeup brushes
- Make Ice Cream
- Have a tea party
- Work on a home project
- Do a crossword puzzle
- Make freezer meals
- Skype with family or friends
Now you have an arsenal of ideas to keep you and yours productive and entertained.
Next time you’re sitting around wondering what you should do, just refer back to this list.
That’s what I’m going to do.
I better go get started on that list and fast.
That pantry is looking pretty rough.
What will you start with first? Leave a comment below and share your thoughts and feelings about being stuck in your house.
Stuck in the house with kids? Here are some ideas to help with that too.
Until Next Time…